Let’s see the options according to your expectations, the available space in your room and your budget.
1. The optimal installation:
A HOME CINEMA
- To recreate in your living room the sound effects of a true cinematographic experience , with a sound that envelops you completely, from right to left and from front to bac, a home theater system may consist of two, five or up to seven speakers that you have to position in the room in order to create the proper sound immersive environment, together with a subwoofer, and an amplifier.
- If you have a very large room and enough space to place speakers in places away from one another:
- A home theater is to consider.
- If you are looking for a simple solution and you are not equipped at all:
- You can choose the “all-in-one”, with only a Blu-ray or DVD player.
- If you want to create an optimal configuration that can evolve:
- Prefer a customized installation by choosing each element one by one.
2. The simple and effective solution:
- If you have a small or medium-sized room, preferably closed, with symmetrical walls:
- A soundbar (which brings together in a single element several speakers and an amplifier) can be placed in front of your TV screen or attached to the wall. A subwoofer can also complete it.
- Thanks to the reflection of the sound on the walls, this creates an immersive sound experience that surrounds you (a “surround sound”).
- If you want to listen to your own music selection:
- Some sound bars with Wi-Fi and / or Bluetooth capability can connect to your other devices (computer, tablet, or smartphone, mp3 players, …).
3. A good alternative:
A loudspeaker dedicated to the television:
- If you want to keep it simple,
- If your room is open, with asymmetric walls, and is not appropriate to install a soundbar,
- If you do not want to put a home theater,
- Choose a single, compact and discreet speaker, and place it under your TV set: this will create a sound spatialization effect less than that of a soundbar.
For a high-fidelity sound, a good installation requires high-quality cables.
According to the connectors available on your various Audio-Video equipments, prefer in priority order:
- An HDMI cable
- An optical audio cable
- A coaxial audio cable
- A cable with RCA plug.
- Always choose cables of the same length.
And for your speakers: