Use of a fridge-freezer
Do not wait until the freezer door does not close to defrost!
- Do it regularly.
- Make sure your appliance is working properly.
- Save money.
- A layer of 3mm ice consumes 30% more energy.
Do not take as much time to choose your dish!
- Do not let in the hot air.
- Your device will need to consume energy to get back to the right temperature and compensate for this incoming heat.
Do not store hot food in the fridge!
- After putting them in an airtight container, let them cool down before putting them in the refrigerator.
- If you put them while still warm in the fridge, your device will need more energy to cool them down.
- This heat will generate humidity in the device.
- On the contrary, defrost your food in the refrigerator.
- Your appliance will this benefit from this cooler temperature.
Do not store older foods in the bottom!
- Make a habit of placing the food from the previous week, in front of those bought the same day!
- Fight against waste of food, because, by putting them always in the back, you will end up throwing them away.
Do not store yogurts and eggs with their original packaging, in the refrigerator!
- Remove overpacks, plastic boxes and cartons.
- They insulate your products from the cold and take up space.
- Simplify the task of your refrigerator!
Do not leave leftover dishes open!
- Keep the leftover cooked dishes in airtight containers.
- Keep under vacuum meats, cheeses and other food items that could dry on contact with air.
- Extend their life to the maximum.
- Avoid the proliferation of bad smells and bacteria.
Do not store in the refrigerator foods that do not need to be kept cool!
- Potatoes, tomatoes, onions, melons, avocados,
- Garlic, mustard (in glass jar),
- Bananas, plums, apricots, kiwis, honey, etc.
Clean the inside of your fridge-freezer thoroughly once a month!
- Keep a good hygiene inside.
- Use specific cleaners to take care of food residues inside refrigerator-freezers.
- Eliminate bacteria that escape from fresh produce.